Friday, December 2, 2011

You Called...

This is a poem i wrote in one of our church camps, Bible conference March 11-13 2011 to be exact. Check it out:

You called and i heard your voice
Heard it but not for myself
I heard your voice for my brethren and my friends
For my sister seated at the right corner
For my brother in the yellow shirt
You called and i heard your voice
but not for myself

You called and i heard your voice
but i was busy looking at the latest fashion
I was still trying to update myself with the latest news on yahoo
"who did what, where and why"
I was caught up with makeup nails and twee-zing my eye brows

you see when your call came my nails were still wet with nail polish to answer your call
I still had 5 more lines to go on my cornrows
I was still undecided on which shade of pink will go perfectly with my eye shadows
you called
and i heard
but i was still busy

you called and i heard your voice
But i couldn't respond.
My skirt was too short for me to kneel down
I had my 'Sissy Boy'  white pants on, to kneel down
When you called i couldn't answer though i heard your call

God you called and i couldn't answer
'cause brother man was still checkin' me out, for me to break down in tears of repentance
Daddy when you called, i heard you but i had a reputation to protect
I had 'Self' to worry about

Oh Lord you called for me, but i had all sorts of reasons why i couldn't answer
By now Daddy please call again
cause
i have all sorts of reasons to answer
call again cause self is dead

Many times we hear God call us in different ways but we always have reasons to NOT answer the call. It could be our lifestyles, our circle of friends, our habits that we are still nursing or our sins we still wanna hold on to.

But God does call for us, through that sister who is always bothering you about coming to church, through that brother who always tells you that Jesus loves you, through that classmate of yours who invites you to endless programs in your church, through that desire you always have to want to change through that still small voice from within that tells you the time of change is now. God wants you and He call for you just as you are but The decision is your, will you answer the call??
He says "Here I am i stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, i will come in and eat with Him and he with me." Revelations 3:20. Will you answer the call?will you open the door and let Him come in? Will you invite Him in your heart? in your life?

Why don't you pray this prayer and answer the call, and invite Jesus into your life
say " Dear God
        I admit that i am a sinner
        please forgive me and change me
        I acknowledge that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sin,
        and came to life again on the third day
        Right now,
        I invite Jesus to my life.
       And i accept Him as my personal Lord and Savior
       Amen"
If you have prayed that prayer, congratulations!! you are now a born again child of God " If any man be in Christ, He is a new creation. Old things have passed away behold all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5: 17. You have answered the call and have welcomed Jesus to dine with you. I encourage you to take another step of faith and look for a Bible teaching church and join the family of God. The Bible says there is Joy in Heaven as you give your life to Christ, (Luke 15:7). A welcome Home party just for you. Congratulations!!!

I would also like to hear form you about write me at  lrtmolema@yahoo.com and tell me about your experience. Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!






2 comments:

  1. Pamela, I like the poem very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the poem does hit th spot, it kinda reminds m of a song ive bin hearin in a mind thse past days, its jst one line playin in my head ova nd ova nd it says " i hear you calling me"

    ReplyDelete