Monday, December 19, 2011

Changes...A healthy lifestyle!

My tertiary school life was filled with the desire to be healthy, but it never happened. I always had excuses to give or maybe i was just not faithful enough to my planned routines. Keeping healthy requires a lifestyle change, discipline and determination. Its challenging and one can be easily discouraged by the slow change and unnoticeable changes that are taking place. So one needs to be determined to embark in this journey of no return.
A desire to change was all i had and it remained as a desire. I kept on postponing it to a further date with quite reasonable(to me anyway) excuses; i still have more time, let me enjoy this time for now, school life does not allow such commitment, my housemates will be affected if i change my lifestyle, i do not have enough money to support the new life and many more.Are they reasonable?

These excuses costed me four years filled with a fruitless desire to change my lifestyle to become more healthy. I am in my final year now still... no change. I am still the same Pamela i was, but i feel robbed by my own excuses and procrastination. I desire to feel different and look different as well as do things differently but i just never seem to start and commit to my routines. I had to develop a new approach and tactic towards this. Do you know why i stress this too much? Because if affects my whole life; my decisions, my ambitions, what i can or cannot do, my husband and kids will also be affected by this. If i can't start living a healthy lifestyle right now, what makes me think i will be able to when i am much older, having too many responsibilities and other people's lives to think about? really, how will i be able to make such changes with all those responsibilities if i can't make them now when i only have myself to think about?tell me, how???

Healthy lifestyle
To me this encompasses every department of my life; physical health, finances, mental health, spiritual life, social life, family, friends dreams and all other things that are my life. Healthy means balanced to me, being in a good state, organised, functioning wealth, ready to defend when problems come. That is healthy to me and a healthy lifestyle is achieving all that in every department of my life. is it feasible? i say YES. A BIG FAT YES!! because through Christ i can do all things because its HIM who gives me strength. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! and you what, i am going to achieve all this. I am determined to go through the changes, because in order to change,i gotta go through some changes. Pastor William Murphy III, changes. That's ma song! I have decided that i will blog about this. and whoever wants to join or start up their own changes journey, do it. It might not be the same as mine but you do feel that you need a change in your life. Do it. it might be breaking free from the lifestyle of drinking, smoking and clubbing, do it. it might be running away from what you know you are suppose to do, do it. It might be turning your life around and surrendering to God, do it. It might be getting a job and starting a responsible lifestyle, do it. Taking care of that child that you abandoned for such a long time, do it You. Taking your walk with Christ more serious, do it. You know the changes you need in your life. Go right ahead and do it. Through CHRIST you can do all things.
Here are some of the photos of what i ate today for lunch as a new start in a new day to a new lifestyle. 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20....my body is the Temple of the Holy spirit who is in me..... i am changing my diet!
An attempt of
chef salad
Ingredients
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots
salt
Olive oil
Chicken breasts
Directions
Cut some broccoli and cauliflower into mouth fitting chunks and  thin slice carrots then steamed all the veges together. Add a  pinch of salt and droplets of Olive oil. 

With the chicken, cut it into strips then boil ity to cook. Add droplets of oil to brown it a bit. Then toss it around salad to give it the meaty touch. It ready!

Yogurt Coleslaw
Ingredients
Cabbage
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Natural yogurt
Directions
Thinly slice raw cabbage would for normal coleslaw, cut the tomatoes into strips and  slice the cucumbers normally. Mix them together in a salad bowl and add some raisins and dress them with natural yogurt. And you have your meal. 


please overlook the presentation of the food, it will improve with time.

My breakfast was just a banana raisins milk shake which unfortunately i didn't snap.
Banana Raisins Milkshake
Ingredients
Banana
Soya Milk (any milk you prefer)
Raisins

Directions
Cut the banana into three pieces then put in the blender, throw in some raisins, half a hand full will be enough. Pour a 3 quarter full cup of milk. then blend until its smooth. You got yourself a banana raisins




Be blessed!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment